The campaign dubbed ‘Coca-Cola Recycle and Win’ is in line with Coca-Cola’s commitment to a World Without Waste campaign that aims to collect and recycle the equivalent of every bottle or can for everyone it sells globally by 2030. It will also amplify Coca-Cola’s already existing plastic collection efforts. As part of the campaign, 2000 participating secondary schools in four regions will each compete for a chance to get their school pitches refurbished by Coca-Cola by simply collecting the most plastic bottles (Coca-Cola 350ml) for recycling. Additionally, schools will be paid cash for the total kilograms collected as it is with the national consumer collection while participating students and champion teachers will stand a chance to win bursaries and other exciting prizes respectively.
How it works
- A Coca-Cola brand ambassador will visit the school and introduce the campaign to the Head Teacher, who will appoint a champion teacher to drive the campaign in the school and community.
- The BA will also leave behind collection forms for the class teachers to record collectors
- The BA will visit the schools tallying and rewarding top collectors as motivation to encourage others to collect
- All tallied results will be recorded on a collection form which will be signed and stamped by the champion teacher for confirmation.
- The BA will conduct the final counting and announce the top collector within the school
- Each school will receive an email communicating their position and the winning details
- Winning schools will be rewarded on May 7th during the Copa Coca-Cola opening ceremony.